Monday, October 22, 2007

Anthony Lister at Metro 5 Gallery

Anthony Lister has a Solo Show goin' on right now at the Metro 5 Gallery in Melbourne, Australia - "SUPER IS AS SUPER DOES" Opened Thursday October 18th...so if you find yourself in Oz or have about $2000 G'sss for a roundtrip ticket...check out his show OR visit Anthony's blog at www.anthonyLISTER.com for show pics.







Sunday, October 21, 2007
shots from the exhhibition - 'SUPER IS AS SUPER DOES' - Q - Where do you situate your notion of a superhero in terms of culture today? - A - At the top of everything else that is holy and pure. - Q - Where do you feel this fits into your practice overall and in relation to other works? - A - I feel like it is the conceptual language I have been searching for my entire life. I always knew that the most obvious solutions were right in front of me but continually fight with myself about not letting solutions come easily. I guess I am in a perpetual state of accepting the obvious as a valid source of inspiration. - Q - You have described yourself primarily as a painter with video works and installations being an extension of this, could you discuss a little on how these link together for you and also what it is about painting that attracts you to it? - A - Its all problem solving to me.
Interview compliments of Anthony's blog.Cheers!

Spinning Tricks
Mixed Media on Canvas 2007



Mr. Never Picked
Mixed Media on Canvas

No comments: